The Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center and the Hanna Perkins Center invite you to join Kenna Mycek, HPC candidate, HPC Child Psychoanalytic Training Program, and Anna Janicki, Training and Supervising Psychoanalyst, CPC, to study psychotic states.
The work of psychotherapists who are familiar with psychoanalytic thinking offers the public a broad perspective and a clear understanding of the various analytical concepts used in clinical practice. It is a particularly important contribution when the major mental health disorders are concerned. In this course, together, we will learn about Psychotic States, regardless of whether you are dealing with psychosis in schizophrenia, bipolar illness, or dissociative states. It will be an invaluable perspective for anyone interested in, or already using psychoanalytic ideas and techniques in their clinical work for the public health sector, as well as in students’ education and supervision.
The seminar will be held at Hanna Perkins Center – Conference Room
19910 Malvern Road Shaker Heights, OH 44122
Thursdays – May 29, June 5, 12, and 26 from 7 pm to 8:30 pm
Instructor: Anna J Janicki, MD
Cost: $200 payable to Hanna Perkins Center before May 29th
- Participants in the course will become familiar with the definition and history of the dynamics of psychoses
- Participants in the course will become familiar with the neuroscience, and biology of psychoses
- Participants in the course will become familiar with the diagnosing of disturbances in reality testing in psychotic states
- Participants in the course will become familiar with the theory of psychoses as it impacts on the work of therapists and psychoanalysts in:
- Clinical work with parents and young children
- Clinical work with adults and their families
- Psychoanalytic thinking in health service practice
- Psychoanalytic support for health service staff.
Please reserve by calling the Hanna Perkins School, 216-991-4472 or the CPC, 216-229-5959 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.