Registration is now open for the Psychoanalytic Thought and Therapy (PTT) program beginning this September at the Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center.
If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org before August 20, 2015. Psychoanalytic Thought and Therapy is a new program designed for mental health professionals who are searching for meaningful training to enrich their work as clinicians. This course is open to those who are licensed and in practice, in residency, or in graduate school in mental health fields. PTT offers a place to think through clinical situations with colleagues. The program’s combination of coursework, supervision, and clinical case conferences integrate clinical experience in a collegial environment dedicated to learning together.
Highlights of this program are:
- Psychoanalytic Imagination seminar, wherein the student becomes familiar with manifestations of the unconscious.
- Case-focused classes in which each student presents a case in treatment to the class.
- Analysis of cases within the framework of relevant psychoanalytic literature.
- Coursework specific to psychoanalytic psychotherapy such as long-term psychodynamic psychotherapy, time-limited psychotherapy, psychotherapies for traumatized patients, grief counseling, object relations joint counseling, transference focused psychotherapy (for borderline patients).
- Individual clinical supervision by a psychoanalyst.
These Fall courses will commence Tuesday, September 8th and will be held every Tuesday evening from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. The deadline to apply is August 21st.
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Technique [16 sessions]
- Neuroscience and Psychoanalysis [12 sessions]
- Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy [4 sessions]
- The Art of Interpretation [4 weeks]