To be an eligible applicant, the following requirements must be met:
- The applicant must qualify for financial assistance.
- The applicant must seek financial support for a qualified activity that increases his or her awareness, knowledge, or experience with psychodynamic psychotherapies. Qualified activities include attendance at seminars and conferences as well as tuition for graduate or professional school classes. Applicants may seek financial assistance for tuition, registration fees, travel expenses, or other appropriate expenses.
- Eligible applicants for scholarship funding must live in, are engaged in or plan to be engaged in work or study in northeast Ohio. Northeast Ohio is defined as the counties of Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, and Summit.
Method of Reporting Use of Funds if Funds Are Disbursed to the Applicant
When a disbursement is made directly to the applicant, the applicant will be required to account for the use of the money by providing receipts and other appropriate documentation that is identified in their award letter.
Maximum and Minimum Disbursements
The minimum amount that an applicant may apply for is $250.00 and the maximum is $1,500 per quarter or semester. The amount of the scholarship awarded is in the discretion of the Scholarship Committee. No applicant may receive more than $3,000 per calendar year.
Financial need will be the primary criterion for determining recipients. Financial need will be based upon an applicant’s income and expenses. No applicant with an annual household income of $100,000 or greater is eligible.
Applications will be accepted and funds may be distributed up to 4 times each year. Applicants seeking tuition assistance must apply 60 days before the start of the semester. Applicants who are seeking funding for other types of activities must submit their applications as set forth below:
- 12/1 for activities and educational matters occurring during Jan-March
- 3/1 for activities and educational matters occurring during April-June
- 6/1 for activities and educational matters occurring during July-Sept
- 9/1 for activities and educational matters occurring during Oct-Dec
Total Allowable Disbursements of the Fund Each Semester and Year
The amount disbursed each year or calendar quarter is within the discretion of the committee but no more 10% of the principal plus any interest or income earned by the fund may be disbursed each calendar year.
The fund must be equally available to all eligible applicants. The Scholarship Committee may not favor Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center (CPC) members, candidates attending CPC classes, relatives of CPC members, or any person with a special relationship to the CPC when considering applications and disbursements.
The Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or ancestry, in membership, hiring, or admissions.
You can print this form, fill it out, and mail it to the address below.
Or, fill out the form electronically and then print it out and mail it. In that case, you must use Adobe Reader (free download) to fill out the form. You cannot use Apple Preview, your web browser’s built in PDF reader, or any other PDF viewer. You might have to right-click and choose “Save as…” to prevent your web browser from automatically opening the form in another viewer.
Send completed application materials to:
Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center
Attn: Psychoanalytic Education Fund
2460 Fairmount Blvd., Suite 312
Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44106