Calendar of Events
9:00 a.m. Touching Becomes “Touching”-Workshop
October 19: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. “Touching Becomes Touching: Mind, Body, and Sexuality in A New Relational Psychoanalysis” with presenters Jonathan Slavin, Ph.D., ABPP and Miki Rahmani, M.A.
Cost of Workshop which includes 6:0 CEU’s: TBD
$.00 CPC Members
1. Participants will study and analyze the ways in which sexuality, beginning in earliest childhood, infuses relational experience throughout the course of development and is critical to the shaping of the individual mind.
2. Participants will examine how a broadly understood concept of sexual experiencing is represented in the clinical process in psychotherapy even when sexuality per se is neither openly discussed nor experienced.
3. Participants will learn how to apply the concept of “sexual fingerprints” and examine how the sexual fingerprint of the therapist affects the outcome of the treatment process and is essential to the patient’s ability to revise fundamental aspects of their own psychological functioning.
4. Participants will study and critique the ways in which some aspects of Freud’s thinking about sexuality and classical psychoanalytic principles continue to be relevant in current understandings of development and treatment.
5. Participants will study the ways in which the theoretical views about sexuality in development and sexual fingerprinting in the personality of therapist and patient can be used to analyze the clinical process.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Psychoanalytic Association and the Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center. The American Psychoanalytic Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.”
The American Psychoanalytic Association designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION FOR ALL LEARNERS: None of the planners and presenters of this CME program have any relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Board has designated The Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center as Approved Provider RCS109510. This event provides one credit per hour of Continuing Professional Education to counselors and social workers only.
The Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center is approved by the Ohio Psychological Association-MCE Program to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Cleveland Psychoanalytic Center as Approved Provider 18PO-341019020, maintains responsibility for the program. This event provides one credit per hour of Continuing Professional Education to psychologists.